If you have been following my blog or Instagram, you know that I’m currently busy on two things: 1) being super pregnant and 2) sewing tiny baby clothes. Yay!
Want to read this post later? Save it on your Pinterest board:
When I created a public Instagram account for this blog, I didn’t know what to expect because honestly, I’m such a rookie when it comes to Instagram. But what I found was an amazing community of other stay-at-home-moms supporting and encouraging each other, sharing their experiences and giving advice on parenting and everything.
I have been following my favorite accounts for a while now and start to see a certain trend on kids’ apparel. It’s not much about the style as it is about the color palette I have been noticing. It’s about simple earthy colors for a minimalist style and natural fabrics. Colors like terracotta, mustard, cinnamon, rust, deep yellow, beige and natural white are so popular right now.
Although I have kept alll the clothes from my first girl I do want something new and special for my second one, too. Unfortunately I don’t have the budget to create a closet filled with designer pieces for my kids. Luckily therefore, I have basic sewing skills gained over the years of practice. So, I have been searching for a lot of baby sewing patterns and trendy fabrics to mix and match with.
Here’s a list of my current favorite fabrics. Most of them (ok, all of them) are from Etsy because I love how easy it is to shop there, everything I want is available in one place. Many of the fabrics I love are from different designers and it’s so much easier and cheaper (shipping costs) to purchase fabrics from Etsy reseller rather than buying from different websites.
*Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, which earn me a small commission if you click and purchase through my link. You don’t pay extra and your purchases help support my blog.*
1. ATELIER BRUNETTE Double Gauze Stardust Powder
2. ATELIER BRUNETTE Granito Viscose Chestnut
3. NANI IRO Graze Double Gauze in G
4. ATELIER BRUNETTE Diamond Viscose Blush
5. ART GALLERY Bountiful Grazing Sienna
6. ART GALLERY Matchmade-Quartz Gold
7. Marigold Spot Indian Stoff Gelbe Punkte
8. ELVELYCKAN DESIGN Organic Cotton Knit in Multicolour
9. ELVELYCKAN DESIGN Organic Cotton Knit Rainbow in Gold
10. ELVELYCKAN DESIGN Organic Cotton Knit Rainbow in Cream
11. ELVELYCKAN DESIGN Organic Cotton Knit Painted Rusty
12. ATELIER BRUNETTE Rayon Viscose Diamond Chestnut
13. HEATH cotton fabric brown/mud
14. ATELIER BRUNETTE Granito Viscose Abstract Off White
15. ATELIER BRUNETTE Viscose Dobby Posie Green
16. ATELIER BRUNETTE Viscose Moonstone Pink
17. ABOUT BLUE Cotton French Terry Sweatshirt Knit Terracotta
18. ELVELYCKAN DESIGN Organic Cotton Jersey Knit Acorns in Dusty Pink
19. BIRCH FABRICS Organic Cotton Tonal Floral Shell
20. ART GALLERY Premium Cotton Autumn Nectar Honey
21. Minnie Mustard Indian Stoff Gelbe Punkte
22. ATELIER BRUNETTE Viscose Night
23. ATELIER BRUNETTE Double Gauze Stardust Off White
24. ATELIER BRUNETTE Double Gauze Chestnut
25. C. PAULI Organic Double Muslin Peach Blush
26. C. PAULI Organic Double Muslin Tawny Olive
27. BIRCH FABRICS Bio Jersey Interlock Poppies Sun
28. ATELIER BRUNETTE Moonstone Viscose Ochre
29. ATELIER BRUNETTE Moonstone Viscose Marine Green
30. NANI IRO Cotton Sateen Honey Brown
I am so in awe of this color palette and these gorgeous fabrics!
If you are in the mood for sewing, do take a peak at my 20 Adorable DIY Baby Sewing Patterns post.
Don’t forget to save this post to your Pinterest board:
For more inspiring ideas and DIY projects follow me on Pinterest: